Thank you for using Weclaim!
Read this carefully as this policy is legally binding when you use Weclaim Platform and/our Services.
1. Information we collect
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give to Us.
- We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Weclaim Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Claim Eligibility Check. When you start a claim on Weclaim Platform to check your eligibility to compensation, we require certain information such as your travel destinations and dates. At this stage, this information is anonymized.
- Registering a Claim for compensation. When you register your claim on Weclaim Platform and sign up for a Weclaim account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email and phone number.
- Claim Processing Services. To enable us to process your claim successfully, we will ask you to provide an electronic signature. We will also request additional information, which may include your booking reference, last name and first name of additional passengers travelling with you and their email, along with other document and information related to the damage you suffered.
- Identity Verification Information. To process your claim, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information, such as your email address. We may also collect similar information from Co-Claimants.
- Court Proceedings Services. To use certain features of the Weclaim Platform (such as the Court Proceedings Services) we may require you to provide additional information that a given court may require. We will also request you to share with us all information provided by the Defendant or information shared with you by the Lawyer and/or the court.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the Weclaim Platform (such as payment of your compensation), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account details) in order to enable us or our third service providers to process the payment.
- Communications with Weclaim. When you communicate with Weclaim, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.2 Information We automatically collect from Your Use of the Weclaim Platform and Services.
- When you use the Weclaim Platform and the Services, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Weclaim Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Weclaim Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your interactions with the Weclaim Platform such as the pages or content you view and other actions on the Weclaim Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Weclaim Platform, even if you have not created an Weclaim Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Weclaim Platform, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Weclaim Platform.
1.3 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
- Weclaim may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Weclaim Platform. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties. If you link, connect, or login to your Weclaim Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
2. How we use information we collect
2.1 Provide Services
- We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide you access to the Weclaim Platform and the Services.
- Claim Eligibility Check. We use the information provided to assess your eligibility to compensation.
- Claim Push. We may also use personal information to inform you free of charge, by e-mail about travelers rights and other travel related services of relevance.
- Claim Processing Services. We use information provided to help you pursue your rights according to EU 261 EU1177, EU 1371 or any other applicable regulation.
- Court Proceedings Services. We use information provided to pursue our or your rights before the courts.
- Payment Information. We use the information provided to process the payment of your compensation.
- We process this information given our legitimate interest in providing the Services and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
2.2 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- We use information provided to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Weclaim or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google).
- We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Sharing & disclosure
3.1 With Your Consent.
- Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your Weclaim Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Weclaim partners or third parties.
- We may ask you to rate our services. We will use this information and disclose it on our website along with the information that you used to log or register on the third party provider used to provide testimonials.
- Based on our legitimate interest to promote the Weclaim Platform we may display parts or all of the testimonials on the Weclaim Platform.
- Information you share publicly on the third party providers (such as Trustpilot, Facebook) may be indexed through third party search engines.
3.3 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
- Weclaim may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Weclaim, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Weclaim or its employees.
- Where appropriate, we may notify you about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective or create a risk. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify you about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
3.4 Service Providers.
- Weclaim uses a variety of third party service providers to help us provide the Weclaim Platform and the Services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). In particular, our service providers are based in Europe, India, Asia Pacific and North and South America.
- For example, service providers may help us: (i) provide an electronic signature (ii) check information against public databases (such as travel details, flight details), (iii) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (iv) allow the provision of the Services through third party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), or (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services.
3.5 Corporate Affiliates.
- To enable or support us in providing the Weclaim Platform and the Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within our corporate family of companies (both financial and non-financial entities) that are related by common ownership, control and/or interest.
- Sharing with Litigation Group SAS. Even if your Country of Residence is not the France, your information may be shared with Litigation Group SAS which provides the technical infrastructure for the Weclaim Platform, product development and maintenance and other business operation services. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and is based on our legitimate interests in providing the Weclaim Platform globally.
- Additionally, we share your information, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates in order to support and integrate, promote, and to improve the Weclaim Platform and our affiliates’ services.
3.6 Social Media Platforms.
- Where permissible according to applicable law we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services or the Weclaim Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
- The social media platforms with which we may share your personal data are not controlled or supervised by Weclaim. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider.
- Please note that you may, at any time ask Weclaim to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
3.7 Business Transfers.
3.8 Aggregated Data.
- We may also share aggregated information (information about our Clients that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
4. Your rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before Weclaim Data Controller by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
4.1 Managing Your Information.
- You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Weclaim Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
4.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
- You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Weclaim Account).
4.3 Data Access and Portability.
- In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured and machine-readable format.
4.4 Data Retention and Erasure.
4.4.1 Pending Claims
- We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations.
4.4.2 Closed or successfully executed Claim processing
- Once the the contract between you and us has been has been successfully executed for a given Claim or your Claim has been closed (for instance if you claim has been deemed not legally viable), we will not retain and will delete part or all of your personal information that is no longer necessary. Erasure will always include your personal ID.
- You may no longer want us to use your information to provide the Weclaim Platform to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Weclaim Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate execution of a contract between you and us. For the avoidance of doubt, we will retain, use and process personal information to enforce compensation Claim that we have acquired from you pursuant to the Assignment Agreement.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Weclaim may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
4.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
- Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Weclaim you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Weclaim specifying which consent you are withdrawing.
- Please note that the withdrawal of your consent (i) does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal and (ii) shall not apply to Services related to Claims that are still being processed, notably with regard to Claims that Weclaim has acquired pursuant to the Assignment Agreement.
4.6 Lodging Complaints.
- You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Weclaim before the competent data protection authorities. If your Data Controller is Weclaim Ireland, you have the right to file a complaint with its lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
5. Operating globally
- We are doing our best to implement security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. If you know or have reason to believe that your Weclaim Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Weclaim Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
8. Contact us